|Please don't ask me to move for at least three months.|
- I'm not editing my finished first draft. I prefer to let it sit anyway, and it's only been about a week. It can sit longer - a month is best. I rarely make it that long.
- I'm not pushing myself to start writing something new. The well is dry. Exhaustion saps creativity. Don't expect me to write anything more taxing than a blog post anytime soon.
- I'm not decorating for Christmas (yet). It's not that important.
- I'm not buying Christmas presents or making plans for the holidays (yet). It can wait a day or two while I collect myself.
- I'm not obsessively checking my email for news.
What am I doing? Giving myself a break. Maybe I'll read a book, watch more Gilmore Girls, or do a puzzle. I like puzzles. And I've earned some time off. So you have. What do you do to relax? Tell me in the comments.