Well, flying cars and hover boards may still be a distant dream (those modified Segways don't count), but there are things I CAN work on in 2016.
- I will write two new manuscripts (at least).
- Finish reading through the manuscript I finished in September to see what work it needs and make a plan for revision. Accept help from my amazing critique partner instead of insisting that I need to do everything all myself - especially when I'm stumped.
- Read and review my Netgalley books before asking for more. No more than 3 unreviewed books at once from now on.
- My Goodreads challenge last year was 30 books, and I finished in August, so I may need to step up that game a bit this year. (Note: This does not count the 70 or so manuscripts I read for my internship, critique partners, paid critiques, etc.) Sure, I have a lot going on, but I suspect I can read at least 35-40 books.
- Tendonitis sucks. I will not re-injure my bad shoulder doing stupid things and will rest when needed.
- Last year was awesome, but I really can't participate in every writing contest. When contests happen at the same time, I will pick one.
- There are many important people in my life, scattered around the world. But there are also many important people at home. It's time to find more of a balance between my social life and social media.
- Instead of looking at how far I have to go, I'll stop to appreciate how much I've already accomplished.