I'm excited to be part of the blog tour for SINGLE MALT by the amazing Layla Rayne. I was fortunate enough to get to read an advance copy of the book, and I've known Layla for years. I was so excited when I'd heard that agents Irish and Whiskey were going to have a three book series.
SINGLE MALT (Agents Irish & Whiskey) by Layla Reyne
About SINGLE MALT:
Author: Layla Reyne
Series: Agents Irish & Whiskey
Genre: M/M Romantic Suspense
Release Date: February 27, 2017
Publisher: Carina Press
Eight months after the car crash that changed everything, FBI agent Aidan Talley is back at work. New department, new case and a new partner. Smart, athletic and handsome, Jameson Walker is twelve years his junior. Even if Aidan was ready to move on—and he's not—Jamie is off-limits.
Jamie's lusted after Aidan for three years, and the chance to work with San Francisco's top agent directly is too good to pass up. Aidan is prickly—to put it mildly—but a growing cyber threat soon proves Jamie's skills invaluable.
Jamie's talents paint a target on his back, and Aidan is determined to protect him. But with hack after hack threatening a high-security bio-containment facility, time is running out to thwart a deadly terrorist attack. They'll have to filter out distractions, on the case and in their partnership, to identify the real enemy, solve the case and save thousands of lives, including their own.
What I Liked:
- The book is well-written and fast paced. The romance builds slowly, but in a believable manner considering the characters' pasts and the fact that they work together.
- The characters weren't solving a murder. I feel like so many thrillers and romantic suspenses are about murder. Don't get me wrong, that's great–but at the same time, it was a bit refreshing to read something a bit different once in a while.
- The characters are well-rounded. They have interests and hobbies and lives and families outside of their jobs.
- Nearly all of the romantic suspense I've read has been the male main character protecting the female main character from danger (whether she wanted him to or not). I like that both main characters here are capable of taking care of themselves. It was a refreshing change.
What I Didn't Like:
- Personally, I could've used a little more kissing, but that's just because I hated having to wait to see these two get together. :-)
- I also would have liked the book to have been a bit longer, because then there would've been room for more kissing scenes. Did I mention that I like the kissing?
An exciting, entertaining romantic suspense. The sex is good, the characters are likable, and it's impossible not to root for them to get together. The twists throughout the story are believable but not so obvious I felt insulted as a reader.
Also, the writing is excellent, and the plot seemed new and fresh. I can't wait to read Cask Strength. Five stars.
Advanced praise for Single Malt:
A sexy, action-packed read that had me wanting the next book! --HelenKay Dimon, author of Mr. &; Mr. Smith
With sharp writing, compelling characters, and an engaging plot, Single Malt is the M/M romantic suspense series I've been waiting for. - Santino Hassell, award-winning author of the FIVE BOROUGHS series
"Single Malt is full of explosive chemistry, captivating characters, and edge-of-your-seat suspense. A must read for any romantic suspense fan!" -- Megan Erickson, USA Today Bestselling author
Follow the celebration for a different excerpt each week!
Sinfully Gay Romance – Review + Guest Post
The Novel Approach - Review
Joyfully Reviewed –Promotional Post
OMG Reads –Promotional Post
RoloPolo Book Blog – Promotional Post
The Silver Dagger Scriptorium –Promotional Post
The Avid Reader - Promotional Post
Babbling About Books, and More - Review
Making it Happen Book Blog – Review
MM Good Book Reivews - Review
Joyfully Jay – Review + Guest Post
Love Bytes (Reviews) – Guest Post
Prism Book Alliance - Review + Interview
Smitten with Reading – Review
The Book Quarry – Review
Tangled Hearts Book Reviews – Promotional Post
Rhi Reading – Promotional Post
Sour Puss Reviews – Promotional Post
Ellie Reads (all the books) – Interview
Jen’s Reading Obsession - Review
Got Fiction? – Promotional Post
Becky on Books & Quilt - Interview
Hike2Forty and Beyond – Promotional Post
Book Loving Pixies – Review
Dog-Eared Daydreams – Review
Reese’s Review - Review
Alpha Book Club – Review
Boy Meets Boy Reviews – Review
About Layla Reyne:
2016 RWA® Golden Heart® Finalist, Layla Reyne, was raised in North Carolina but now calls San Francisco home. She enjoys weaving her bi-coastal experiences into her stories, along with adrenaline fueled suspense and heart pounding romance. When she’s not writing stories to excite her readers, she downloads too many books, watches too much television, and cooks too much food with her scientist husband, much to the delight of their smushed-face, leftover-loving dogs. You can find her online at http://www.laylareyne.com/.